The internet is flooded with paid advertising. Companies are struggling to get their message across without getting lost in the crowd. A drawback to investing in paid ads is the cost. The cost-per-click (CPC) can be high and differs from platform to platform.
There is no guarantee on conversations. With specific targeting, the ads will reach certain targeted audiences but the ROI may not justify it. A DMA study shows that only 48% of marketers see an ROI for paid ads.
Ad campaigns need to be monitored constantly and require time. Any edit to the ad may also result in a loss of data you get from the ads. If you change the content, the ad goes into reprocessing, if the video is changed, the data from the ads is skewed and platforms may temporarily take down the campaign to assess the edited content.
Paid ads are mischievously known for being a form of spam. People lose faith in brands as a result.
What’s an organic way to conquer this? Presenting Zero Advertising Social Media Marketing.
Zero advertising social media marketing is a marketing strategy that focuses on building a strong organic presence on social media platforms by focusing on creating valuable and engaging content that resonates with their target audience without relying on paid advertising to promote their products or services.
This strategy works seamlessly and successfully when a brand understands its target audience well, creates relatable and valuable content, posts regularly, and engages with its followers consistently. This can ultimately lead to increased sales and customer loyalty without having to rely on paid ads.
Zero advertising social media marketing has several proven benefits. These are:
1. Cost-effective: Unlike paid advertising, businesses don’t need to invest in expensive ad campaigns to reach their audience. The Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) for paid marketing strains funds and can overshoot the cost of the product itself.
2. Increased engagement: Jonathan Lister rightly said, “Speak to your audience in their language about what’s in their heart.” By creating content that adds value, a business can build a loyal following and establish trust with potential customers online leading to sales.
3. Brand awareness: For any business to have a sustainably strong presence online it’s important to create awareness around the brand and not just the product or service. Brands can showcase what their values are leading to organic recognition and establishing themselves as experts in their industry.
For example, Nike’s instagram account celebrates athletes all over the world.
4. Long-term benefits: While it may take longer to see results compared to paid advertising, zero advertising social media marketing yields long-term benefits as it increases customer loyalty over a sustained period of time.
It would be naive to say that there aren’t some misconceptions regarding zero advertising social media marketing that prevent businesses from effectively utilising this strategy. Let’s bust those for you.
1. It is free
While this social media strategy doesn’t rely on paid advertising, it still requires resources such as time and effort to create quality content, engage with followers, and build a community on social media. You may need to invest in tools to optimise your social media presence.
2. It doesn’t generate results
While it may take longer to see results compared to paid advertising, this strategy is extremely effective in building a loyal following and establishing trust with an audience.
3. It is only for small businesses
That is far from the truth. Any business, regardless of size, can benefit from zero advertising social media marketing.
Before we conclude this article, let’s just quickly leave you with some things you should keep in mind before implementing a zero advertising social media marketing strategy:
1. Target audience: It is important to have a clear understanding of your target audience and we can’t stress this enough. If you try to please all, you will be relatable to none. Create a customer avatar before you work on your IPs.
2.Be consistent: Consistency is key. It can be overwhelming but it is extremely important to be consistent.
3.Measure your results: It may not be immediate or drastic, but it’s important to track and measure the effectiveness of your strategy. This will help identify areas for improvement and adjust your strategy accordingly. If increasing your following is your goal, keep a track of how many followers have increased over what period of time.
4. Be patient: Rome wasn’t built in a day. Building a strong organic presence on social media takes time and effort. Businesses need to be patient and committed to their strategy, even if they don’t see quick results. Consistency and discipline is the best way forward.
Zero advertising social media marketing can be a powerful strategy for businesses and brands looking to build a strong online presence and engage with followers without relying on paid advertising. While there are several myths surrounding this strategy, businesses can effectively utilise it by creating valuable content, engaging with followers, and building a loyal community.
Creating a marketing strategy can be overwhelming and stressful. At We Think North, we create holistic, data-driven strategies to manage your online presence while delivering sustainable results! Don’t wait till tomorrow, let’s start today!